"All By Myself" is the tenth episode of the fifth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 88th produced episode of the series. It is also the 105th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on December 4, 2008.
Cristina is awarded the first solo surgery but, as a punishment from the Chief has to relinquish it and choose which of her fellow residents should perform the surgery while her feud with Meredith escalates. Izzie struggles to balance her relationship with Alex with her visions of Denny. Mark performs a cutting-edge procedure to restore a patient's speech, impressing Lexie in the process and Callie tries to work out if Sadie is being friendly or flirty.
- "My mother called it the greatest and most terrifying moment in her life. Standing at the head of the surgical table knowing that the patients life depends on you, and you alone. It's what we all dream about because the first person who gets to fly solo in the O.R: kind of a bad-ass."
- "We enter the world alone and we leave it alone. Everything that happens inbetween, we owe it to ourselves to find a little company. We need company, we need support. Otherwise we're in it by ourselves. Strangers. Cut off from eachother. And we forget just how connected we all are. So instead we choose love, we choose life and for a moment we feel just a little bit less alone."
- "They Said I Said" - Sugarush Beat Company
- "Winter Bird" - Ray Lamontagne
- "Secret" - Max Morgan
- "Street Lights" - Kanye West
This episodes' title references the song All By Myself, originally sung by Eric Carmen