"All You Need Is Love" is the fourteenth episode of the eighth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 162nd produced episode of the series. It is also the 251st produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on February 9, 2012.
In the name of Valentine's Day, Lexie babysits so that Meredith and Derek can enjoy a romantic night but the plight of one of her patients has her reconsidering why she's alone on Valentine's Day. Callie plans a suprise for Arizona, leaving her anxious, while Mark is left looking after the baby after his own plans fall through. Bailey worries that her busy work schedule will ruin Ben's Valentine's plans for her. Meanwhile, after their blow out, Cristina and Owen's relationship hangs in the balance while Teddy makes her feelings regarding Owen abundantly clear.
- "'There are times in our loves when love really does conquer al; exhaustion, sleep deprivation, antyhing. And then there are those times when it seems like love brings us nothing but pain."
- "We're always looking for some way to ease the pain. Sometimes we ease the pain by making the best of what we have, sometimes it's by losing ourselves in a moment and sometimes all we need to do to ease the pain is call a simple truce"
- "Palm Of Your Hand" - Ingrid Michaelson
- "Closest I Get" - Katie Herzig
- "Called Out In The Dark" - Snow Patrol
- "Another Life" - No
This episode's title originated from the song All You Need Is Love, originally sung by The Beatles.