"As We Know It" is the seventeenth episode of the second season of Grey's Anatomy and the 26th produced episode of the series. It is also the 26th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on February 12, 2006.
The explosive situation at Seattle Grace places Meredith's life in danger while Derek and Cristina continue to try and save Bailey's husband but Derek's confidence is shaken when he learns of Meredith's situation. Addison and George struggle to get a reluctant Bailey to have her child in spite of the risks of her withholding her labor and Richard struggles with the stress of the situation.
- "In hospitals they say you know. You know when you're going to die. Some doctors say it's a look patients get in their eyes. Some say there's a scent, the smell of death. Something, there's some kind of sixth sense. When the great beyond is heading for you, you feel it coming. Whatever it is it's creep because if you know what do you do about it? Forget about the fact that you're scared out of your mind, if you knew this was your last day on Earth how would you want to spend it."
- "If you knew this was your last day on Earth how would you want to spend it?"
- "I Tell Myself" - Correatown
- "Stay Were You Are" - Ambulance LTD
- "World Spins Madly On" - The Weepies
- "Back In The Wild " - GreensKeepers
- "Breathe (2 A.M.)" - Anna Nalick
- "Unlike Me" - Kate Havenick
- "Homebirds" - Foy Vance
This episodes' title references the song It's The End Of The World As We Know It, originally sung by R.E.M.