"Best Laid Plans" is the twelfth episode of the third season of Private Practice and the 43rd produced episode of the series. It is also the 157th produced episode of the Grey's Anaromy franchise. It was broadcast on January 21, 2010.
When Addison and Maya deliver the devestating news of Maya's pregnancy to her parents, Sam is left to pick up the pieces when Naomi struggles to cope with the revelation and makes an irrational choice that goes against her own beliefs. Meanwhile, Violet helps a recent widower move past his wife's death forcing her to look at her own recent losses and Pete and Fife disagree on a risky course of treatment for a patient.
- "Berkeley Girl" - Harper Simon
- "What You're Supposed To Do" - Matt Kanelos & The Smooth Maria
- "Silver Revolver" - Lady Of The Sunshine
- "Magic View" - Diane Birch
- "The Old Days Are Gone" - Gary Jules and The Group Rules