"Blues For Sister Someone" is the twenty-third episode of the second season of Grey's Anatomy and the 32nd produced episode of the series. It is also the 32nd produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on April 30, 2006.
Burke struggles when he treats his musical hero to remove his pacemaker after he claims that it ruined his rhythm. Addison and Alex are conflicted about a pregnant, Catholic patient who requests Addison ties her tubes and hides the procedure from her husband, a request which could compromise Addison’s career. Meredith debates whether or not to accept a date with Finn while Izzie quizzes George on the details of his personal life with Callie. Bailey is on the warpath after Denny lets his relationship with Izzie interfere with medical treatment.
- "The key to being a sucsessful intern is what we give up: sleep, friends, a normal life. We sacrifice it all for that one amazing moment, that moment when you can legally call yourself a surgeron. There are days that make the sacrifices seem worth while. And then there are the days when everything seems like a sacrifice. And then there are the sacrifices that you can't even figure out why you're making."
- "A wise man once said you can anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it. What he meant is nothing comes without a price so before you go into battle you better decide how much you're willing to lose. Too often going after what feels good means letting go of what you know is right. And letting someone in means abandoning the walls you've spent a life time building. Of course the toughest sacrifices are the ones we don't see coming. When we don't have time to come up with a strategy, to pick or a side or to measure the potention loss. When that happens, when the battle chooses us and not the other way around, that's when the sacrifice can turn out to be more than we can bear."
- "Love" - The Sunshine
- "Police And The Private" - Metric
- "Better Man" - James Morrison
- "Follow Through" - Hotel Lights
This episodes' title references the song Blues For Sister Someone, originally sung by Lenny Kravitz
- A working title for this episode was Rhythm Of Life