"Bring The Pain" is the fifth episode of the second season of Grey's Anatomy and the 14th produced episode of the series. It is also the 14th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on October 23, 2005.
Meredith and Derek are forced to use more than medicine to save a young woman whose beliefs interfere with her treatment, as the time for Derek to make a choice between Meredith and Addison. George shows his true potential during a crisis when a hospital blackout leads him into a career-altering situation while, after his disasterous date with Izzie, Alex shies away from the challenge. On her first day back Cristina faces resolving her feelings for Burke and Richard is reminded of his relationship with Ellis.
- "Pain comes in all forms. The small twinge, a bit of soreness, the random pain. The normal pains we live with everyday. Then there's the kind of pain you can't ignore. A level of pain so great that it blocks out everything else. Makes the rest of the world fade away until all we can think about is how much we hurt. How we manage our pain is up to us. Pain, we anaesthetize, ride it out, embrace it, ignore it and for some of us the best way to manage pain is to just push through it."
- "Pain. You just have to ride it out. Hope it goes away on it's own. Hope the wound that caused it heals. There are no solutions, no easy answers. You just breathe deep and hope for it to subside. Most of the time pain can be managed but sometimes the pain gets you when you least expect it. It's way below the belt and doesn't let up. Pain. You just have to fight through because, the truth is, you can't outrun it and life just makes more."
- "When I Come Home" - Blue-Eyed Son
- "Yellow Horse" - Cowboy Racer
- "Prelude To Love In The Making" - Roisin Murphy
- "I Hear The Bells" - Mike Doughty
- "Don't Forget Me" - Way Out West
- "Not Tonight" - Tegan And Sara
This episodes' title references the song Bring The Pain, originally sung by Mindless Self Indulgence
- This episode was originally intended to air as the fourteenth episode of Season 1.