"Change Of Heart'" is the twenty-first episode of the tenth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 217th produced episode of the series. It is also the 328th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on April 24, 2014.
In the wake of the Harper Avery awards, a dejected Cristina returns to Seattle and, as the hospital tries to support her after her loss, she faces a life and death decision when she is forced to choose which of two sister's should receive a donor heart. Meanwhile, Richard visits Catherine in Boston but his trip deviates from his original plans when truths about Cristina's loss come to light. Meredith struggles to hide her bitterness about the Harper Avery's outcomes while Derek is stunned when his sister Amelia, on the verge of a major life-altering decision, comes to Seattle. Alex tries to come to a decision about his future at Grey Sloan, and struggles with coming clean to Arizona, while April worries that her marriage to Jackson has been damaged beyond repair.. Elsewhere, when Jackson is forced to make decisions about the future of the hospital's research projects, Bailey makes a career-altering move to ensure her project, and her patient, survive.
- "Over the past 20 years, one of the most valuable tools a doctor has is the algorithm. Your patient's main complaint goes into a box and then the formula helps you decide what to do next. But what happens when the problem doesn't fit into a box? You're suddenly on your own, unexpectedly, with about a thousand paths to choose from."
- "So what do you do? How do you decide when you're left in the dark? How do you make sure you're not making the worst mistake of someone's life? You close your eyes, you block out every one and everything around you and pray that the voice inside you is right. Because once you've decided you can't ever go back."
- "Blister In The Sun" - Radiant Life Perspective
- "Ordinary World" - Joy Williams
- "What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)" - Joe Gil
- "We Built This City" - Aron Wright & Jill Andrews
This episode's title originated from the song Change Of Heart, originally sung by Cyndi Lauper.