"Damage Case" is the twenty-fourth episode of the second season of Grey's Anatomy and the 33rd produced episode of the series. It is also the 33rd produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on May 7, 2006.
Meredith and Finn's budding relationship brings about unexpected emotions in Derek who vents his anger and frustration toward Meredith and confronts her while Cristina and Burke's relationship is pushed to the test by a late night faux pas. Izzie is put to task when Denny's physical limitations start to affect his outlook on life while George and Callie face their first bump in the road when he puts his roommates before her. Addison continues to introduce an unwilling Alex to her speciality.
- "We all go through life like bulls in a china stop. A chip here, a crack there. Doing damage to ourselves, to other people. The problem is trying to figure out how to control the damage we've done, or that's been done to us. Sometimes the damage catches us by surprise. Sometimes we think we can fix the damage. And sometimes the damage is something we can't even see."
- "We're all damaged, it seems. Some of us more than others. We carry the damage with us from childhood then, as grown ups, we give as good as we get. Ultimatly, we all do damage and we set about the business of fixing whatever we can."
- "Iguana" - Sergio Belem
- "Oh My Love" - Inara George
- "Tragedy" - Brandi Carlile
- "Nowhere Warm" - Kate Havenik
- "On The Radio" - Regina Spektor
This episodes' title references the song Damage Case, originally sung by Motorhead