"Death And All His Friends" is the twenty-fourth episode of the sixth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 126th produced episode of the series. It is also the 180th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on May 20, 2010.
The deadly situation at Seattle Grace hits closer home when Derek is shot and Cristina's surgical skills are put to the ultimate test as his life is in her hands. Meanwhile, Meredith struggles with the fact that Derek has been shot and is fighting for his life. Lexie makes a devastating realization about her current circumstances as she and Mark work to save Alex while Bailey desperately strives to save the life of a fellow doctor.
- "The human life is made up of choices. Yes or no. In or out. Up or down. Then there are the choices that matter. To love or hate. To be a hero or to be a coward. To fight or to give in. To live or die."
- "Live or die. Hero or coward. Fight or give in. I'll say it again to make sure you hear me, the human life is made up of choices. Live or die. That's the important choice. And it's not always in our hands."
- "Andrew Belle" - In My Veins
- "Unarmed" - Mariah McManus
- "The Way It Ends" - Landon Pigg
This episodes' title references the song Death And All His Friends, originally sung by Coldplay