"Deny, Deny, Deny" is the fourth episode of the second season of Grey's Anatomy and the 13th produced episode of the series. It is also the 13th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on October 16, 2005.
Addison presents Derek with divorce papers but once the end of his marriage is in sight he starts to question if he is ready to forgive Addison, leaving his relationship with Meredith hanging in the balance. Cristina recovers from her surgery and proves to be a difficult patient after recieving a visit from her mother. Izzie and Alex's friendship turns into something more, but news from the Cheif distracts Alex and Ellis Grey continues to have the hospital staff running in circles.
- "The key to surviving a surgical internship is denial. We deny that we're tired, we deny that we're scared, we deny how badly we want to sucseed and, most importantly, we deny that we're in denial. We only see what we want to see and believe what we want to believe, and it works. We lie to ourself so much that, after a while, the lies start to seem like the truth. We deny so much that we can't recognise the truth right in front of our faces."
- "Sometimes reality has a way of sneaking up and biting us in the ass and when the damn bursts all you can do is swim. The world of pretend is a cage, and not a cocoon. We can only lie to ourselves for so long. We are tired, we are scared. Denying it doesn't change the truth. Sooner or later we have to put aside our denial and face the world head on and guns blazing. Denial, it's not just a river in Egypt. It's a freaking ocean. So how do you keep from drowning in it?"
- "Catch By Disease" - Ben Lee
- "Ramalama (Bang Bang)" - Roising Murphy
- "I Fought The Angels" - The Delgados
- "Infinity" - Merrick
This episodes' title references the song Deny, Deny, Deny, originally sung by Brooks And Dunn
- This episode was originally intended to air as the thirteenth episode of Season 1.
- A working title for this episode was Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing