"Desire" is the twenty-first episode of the third season of Grey's Anatomy and the 57th produced episode of the series. It is also the 57th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on April 26, 2007.
The competition for the Cheif's position heats up when the chairman of the board is admitted as a patient and the attendings all vie to treat him to make themselves the forerunner of the race while the interns all cram for their immiment, career-altering intern exams. Tensions mount between Alex and Addison, in spite of her deal with Mark, while Derek begins to reconsider his relationship with Meredith. Burke struggles to involve Cristina in the planning of their wedding.
- "As interns we know what we want, to be surgerons, and we'll do anything to get there. Suffer through killer exams, endure one-hundred hour weeks, stand for hours on end in operating rooms. You name it, we'll do it. The tough part is reconciling this huge thing we want, to be surgerons, with everything else we want."
- "Too often, the thing you want most is the one thing you can't have. Desire leaves us heartbroken, it wears us out. Desire can wreck your life. But as tough as wanting something can be the people who suffer the most are those who don't know what they want."
- "Nausea" - Beck
- "Better Off" - Let's Go Sailing
- "Again & Again" - The Bird & The Bee
- "The Secrets of Amanda Prines" - The Reddmen
- "Breath" - Breaking Benjamin
- "How Am I Doing?" - Anna Waronker
This episodes' title references the song Desire, originally sung by U2