Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Do You Believe In Magic?" is the twenty-second episode of the ninth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 194th produced episode of the series. It is also the 305th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on May 2, 2013.
In spite of the CDC declaring Bailey innocent, she struggles to let go of her anger at her fellow doctors as they try to reach out to her as she locks herself in her lab, testing herself for MRSA. Elsewhere, the arrival of new craniofacial specialist working alongside Jackson and Arizona has an unexpected effect on Arizona while Cristina and Owen are divided on Ethan's father care when Owen begins to suspect Ethan's grandmother isn't capable of caring for him. Meanwhile, Meredith and Richard band together to save the life of a woman injured during a magic trick gone wrong and Jo and Alex's friendship becomes rocky after Alex tells Jason about her chequered past.
- "There's no such thing as magic, as far as we know. And while, as surgeons we study the secrets behind the human body's intricate network of cells, tissue and organs... when things go wrong, horribly, horribly wrong, they are only so many tricks we have up our sleeves to put a body back together. But there is a kind of power, more of a spell really, and when we get it right it can be pretty damn magical."
- "There's no such thing as magic, not in the traditional abracadabra, genie in a bottle kind of way. But there is a magic in knowing that, while not everything can be repaired, most everything can be survived."
- "Elation" - Isbells
- "Beat Of The Drum" - Van She
- "Uneven Odds" - Sleeping At Last
- "Rust Or Gold" - Jill Andrews
- "New York" - The Boxer Rebellion
This episode's title originated from the song Do You Believe In Magic?, originally sung by The Lovin' Spoonfuls.