"Don't Deceive Me (Please Don't Go)" is the thirteenth episode of the seventh season of Grey's Anatomy and the 139th produced episode of the series. It is also the 204th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on February 3, 2011.
Callie, Mark and Arizona must learn to navigate through their unexpected pregnancy together as Callie begins to drive her new OB Lucy Fields crazy and Mark tries to tell Lexie the truth. Derek breaks ground on his Alzheimer's trail, illiciting jealousy in Meredith when he chooses Alex to assist. As the race for Chief Resident heats up Cristina and Jackson find themselves in direct compeition and Richard objects when Bailey begins tweeting her surgeries.
- "Doctors practice deception all the time. We give vague answers to hard questions. We don't talk about post-op pain, we say you'll experience some discomfort. If you didn't die we tell you the surgery went well, but the placebo has to be the doctors biggest deception. Half of our patients we tell the truth, the other half we pray the placebo effect if real. And we tell ourselves that they'll feel better anyway, believing help is on the way, when in fact we're leaving them to do."
- "Doctors practice deception every day; on their patients, on their families. But the worst deception we practice is on ourselves which is why sometimes it takes us a while to realize that the truth has been infront of us the whole time."
- "Get Some" - Lykke Li
- "Fresh Pair Of Eyes" - Brook Waggoner
- "Hero's Welcome" - Archangel
- "Both Sides Are Even" - The Boxer Rebellion
This episodes' title references the song Don't Deceive Me (Please Don't Go), originally sung by Little Richard