"Drowning On Dry Land" is the sixteenth episode of the third season of Grey's Anatomy and the 52nd produced episode of the series. It is also the 52nd produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on February 15, 2007.
Meredith is pulled from the water unconscious and unresponsive and Derek, Richard and Bailey are tasked with saving her life while they all cope with the trauma claiming of on their own. Izzie takes drastic action to save the life of a patient while Alex is tasked with notifying friends and families of patient's conditions and tries desperratly to find Jane Doe's family before her surgery.
- "Like I said, disappearances happen. Pains go phantom, blood stops running and people... people fade away. There's more I have to say, so much more, but I've disappeared."
- "Bitter Song" - Butterfly Boucher
- "Timeless" - Kate Havnevik
- "The Great Escape" - Patrick Watson
This episodes' title references the song Drowning On Dry Land, originally sung by Tab Benoit
- This episode features no closing voiceover.