"Everybody's Crying Mercy" is the third episode of the tenth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 199th produced episode of the series. It is also the 310th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on October 3, 2013.
As Meredith and Derek deal with the pressures of having a newborn baby in the house they both find it difficult to be away from the hospital, especially Meredith who grows concerned by Bailey's decisions regarding Richard's care in the wake of his surgery. Owen and Jackson clash over the hospital's finances in the wake of the storm while April nervously awaits news about her second attempt to pass her board exams. Meanwhile, as Arizona attempts to find a way to reach out to Callie, a patient's shocking confession challenges Callie's views on her wife's infidelity while Alex and Jo both worry about their first time together.
- "There's this playground game that kids play. They lock hands and, on the count of three, they try to snap each other's fingers off. You hold our as long as you can, or at least longer than the other guy. The game doesn't end until someone yells stop, gives up, cries mercy. It isn't a fun game."
- "In the game of mercy when one kid cries out, the other kid listens, and the pain stops. Don't you wish it was that easy now? It's not a game anymore, and we're not kids. You can cry mercy all you want but nobody's listening. It's just you screaming into a void..."
- "Because Of You" - C2C feat Pidgeon John
- "Swimming Pools (Drank)" - Kendrick Lamar
- "White Lies" - Max Frost
- "All Fall Down" - Garrison Starr & AG
- "You And I (Nobody In The World)" - John Legend
This episode's title originated from the song Everybody's Crying Mercy, originally sung by Elvis Costello.