"Everything I Try to Do, Nothing Seems To Turn Out Right'" is the twenty-third episode of the tenth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 219th produced episode of the series. It is also the 330th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on May 8, 2014.
Bailey finds herself facing legal charges of assault and battery when she reveals to a patient's parents that she gave their son an unauthorized procedure and the board must attempt to work out how to proceed when, determined that she did the right thing, Bailey refuses to step down while the residents all begin to crumble under the pressure of the news that one of them will be fired, which forces Stephanie to make a bold move to secure Bailey's future, and the future of her treatment. Elsewhere, Leah tries to impress Webber while Owen asks Cristina to choose her replacement as the news that she's leaving for Zurich dawns on the hospital, leaving them both confused as to the future of their relationship. Meredith discovers Amelia's true feelings about whether she wants a future in Los Angeles or Seattle while Derek makes a bold decision on behalf of his family. Meanwhile, Callie receives devastating news that forces her and Arizona to reconsider their vow to expand their family and April and Jackson struggle to keep their pregnancy a secret.
- "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Emergency rooms are kept in business by people who've learned that the hard way; sky divers, bull riders, people who's bold ideas can often result in broken bones and shmushed spleens. Surgeons are trained to deal with the fallout of bold ideas. We pick up the pieces and do our best to piece them back together."
- "The thing about the bold moves, they're terrifying, could end in nothing but tears and broken bones and that's exactly what makes them so damned exciting."
- "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)" - Shelby Earl
- "Jump (For My Love)" - Brock Tyler
- "Tainted Love" - Claire Guerreso
- "Dance Hall Days" - Imperial Mammoth
This episode's title originated from the song Everything I Try to Do, Nothing Seems To Turn Out Right, originally sung by Billy Liar.