"Forever Young" is the eighth episode of the fourth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 69th produced episode of the series. It is also the 76th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on November 15, 2007.
An accident brings a busload of high school students to Seattle Grace and causes all of the doctors to relive their adolescense, most of all Bailey whose shared history with the bus driver causes her to relive her teenage anxiety while Callie deals with her demotion from Chief Resident. Cristina gets a chance to impress Erica while Derek begins to date other women. Their father's presence in the hospital causes conflict between Meredith and Lexie and George and Izzie balance their relationship and their friendship.
- "There comes a point in your life when you're officially an adult. Suddenly your old enough to vote, drink and engage in other adult activities. Suddenly people expect you to be responsible, serious, a grown up. We get taller, we get older but do we ever really grow up?"
- "In some ways we grow up. We have families, we get married. But for the most part we still have the same problems that we had when we were fifteen. No matter how much we grow taller, grow older we are still forever stumbling, forever wondering, forever young."
- "What Would Jay-Z Do?" - Ben Lee
- "The Last One" - Cary Brothers
- "Call It Off" - Tegan And Sara
- "Black And Blue" - Chris Garneau
- "Breakin' Up" - Rilo Kiley
This episodes' title references the song Forever Young, originally sung by Alphaville