"Get Up, Stand Up" is the twelfth episode of the tenth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 208th produced episode of the series. It is also the 319th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on December 12, 2013.
As April's wedding arrives the doctors of Grey Sloan find themselves dealing with personal and professional conflicts as April struggles to ensure her wedding will go ahead without her colleague's conflicts interfering. As Cristina continues to struggle in the spotlight in the wake of her big medical breakthrough being a fluke, her role as a bridesmaid forces her into close proximity with an envious Meredith pushing them into an emotional battle royal about their differing life directions. Elsewhere, Derek receives a life-changing phone conversation while Alex struggles to ignore his and his father's rocky past now that he's a patient at the hospital. Meanwhile, Stephanie makes a big move forward in her relationship with Jackson, Arizona struggles with Callie's continued efforts to restore her to the woman she was before the plane crash and Bailey confronts Ben about his role in her OCD relapse. Meanwhile, Richard tries to make his return to work as quiet as possible but Shane's deteriorating mental state looks to threaten that.
- "Failure is an inevitability. Every scientist was told no, over and over. The ones we remember, the ones who changed our lives; the Curie, the Salts, the Barnards, they're the ones who wouldn't take no for an answer."
- "Failure is inevitable, unavoidable, but failure should never get the last word. You have to hold on to what you want. You have to not take no for an answer, and take what's coming to you. Never give in, never give up. Stand up. Stand up and take it."
- "Best Of Friends" - Palma Violets
- "Nearly Morning" - Luke Sital-Singh
- "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" - Jill Andrews
This episode's title originated from the song Get Up, Stand Up, originally sung by Bob Marley.