"Golden Hour" is the fifteenth episode of the seventh season of Grey's Anatomy and the 141st produced episode of the series. It is also the 208th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on February 17, 2011.
Looking to prove she is Chief Resident material, Meredith learns that anything and everything can happen in an hour's time when she steps up to forun the ER for a night while she and Derek continue in their efforts to make a baby. Bailey's new boyfriend encourages her to explore a different side of her and Teddy finds her marriage to Henry effecting her status in the dating world. Adele arrives as a patient in the E.R. and Meredith's concerns for her health put her into conflict with Richard.
- "How much can you actually accomplish in an hour? Run an errand maybe, sit in traffic, get an oil change. When you think about it an hour isn't even that long. Sixty minutes. Thiry six hundred seconds. That's it. In medicine though, an hour is often everything. We call it the golden hour. That magical window of time that can determine whether a patient lives or dies."
- "An hour, one hour, can change everything forever. An hour can save your life. An hour can change your mind. Sometimes an hour is just a gift we give ourselves. For some an hour can mean almost nothing. For others an hour makes all the difference in the world. But in the end it's still just an hour. One of many, many more to come. Sixty minutes. Thirty six hundred seconds. That's it. And it starts all over again and who knows what the next hour might hold."
- "Love Like A Sunset, Part 1" - Phoenix
- "Bourgeois Shangri-La" - Miss-Li
- "Lose Control" - Back Ted N-Ted
This episodes' title references the song Golden Hour, originally sung by Brian Eno