"Haunt You Every Day" is the fifth episode of the fourth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 66th produced episode of the series. It is also the 71st produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on October 25, 2007.
Halloween dawns at Seattle Grace and Meredith begins to believe that her dead mother is haunting her and she and Richard both try to look for ways to put her to rest and reach closure about her death while Callie announces Izzie and George's affair to the entire hospital. Ava returns to see Alex who becomes conflicted by his desire to be with and his duties as a resident. Erica Hahn joins the staff of Seattle Grace, much to the dismay of Cristina.
- "There's a reason surgeons learn to weild scalpels. We like to believe we're hard-cold scientists, we like to believe we're fearless. But the truth is we become surgerons because somewhere, deep down, we think we can cut away that which haunts us. Weakness, frailty, death."
- "It isn't just surgerons. The truth is I don't know anyone who isn't haunted by something or someone and, whether we try to slice the pain away with a scalpel or shove it on the back of a closet, our efforts usually fail. So the only way we can clear up the cobwebs is to turn a new page or put an old story to rest. Finally, finally to rest."
- "Listen Up" - The Gossip
- "Fools Gold" - Katie Herzig
- "Come Out Of The Shade" - The Perishers
- "Polite Dance Song" - The Bird And The Bee
- "Get Well Soon" - The Perishers
- "I Will Show You Love" - Kendall Payne
This episodes' title references the song Haunt You Every Day, originally sung by Weezer