"Here Comes The Flood" is the third episode of the fifth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 81st produced episode of the series. It is also the 92nd produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on October 9, 2008.
A plumbing leak becomes a deluge and wreaks havoc at Seattle Grace, and interferes with the Chief's attempts to implement his new teaching regime and George's efforts to retake his intern exam. After moving in with Meredith, Derek pushes her to kick her roomates out out while Meredith causes concern when she quits therapy. Alex continous to act callously to Izzie when she suggests they get an apartment together and Lexie believes she can explain a patient's seven-year headache.
- "As surgerons we're trained to fix what's broken. The breaking point is our starting line at work. But in our lives the breaking point is a sign of weakness and we'll do everything we can to avoid it."
- "Bones break, organs burst, flesh tears. We can sew the flesh, repair the damage, ease the pain. But when life breaks down, when we break down, there's no science. No hard or fast rules. We just have to feel our way through. And to a surgeron there's nothing worse, and there's nothing better."
- "Say Aha" - Santogold
- "Cares At The Door" - Sia
- "Ha Ha" - Emiliana Torrini
- "LOL" - Little Jackie
- "Pitter-Pat" - Erin McCarley
This episodes' title references the song Here Comes The Flood, originally sung by Peter Gabriel