"How Insensitive" is the twenty-first episode of the sixth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 123rd produced episode of the series. It is also the 175th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on May 6, 2010.
Bailey preps the team with mandatory sensitivity training prior to admitting a 700-pound patient with compounded medical issues, and the case proves to be challenging in every sense of the word while Derek has to come face to face with a former patient’s husband in a wrongful death deposition. Spending time with a heart patient’s daughter forces Cristina to revisit her father's death while Meredith grows suspicious of Owen and Teddy's relationship. Callie and Arizona determine the future of their relationship and Alex recieves divorce papers from Izzie.
- "The skin is the largest organ in the body. It protects us, holds us together, literally lets us know what we're feeling. The skin can be soft and vulnerable, highly sensitive, easy to break. Skin doesn't matter to a surgeron, we'll cut right through it and go inside to find out the secrets underneath. It takes delicacy and sensitivity."
- "No matter how thick-skined we tried to be there's millions of electrified nerve endings in there, open and exposed and feeling way too much. Try as we might to keep from feeling pain sometimes it's just unavoidable. Sometimes that's the only thing left. Just feeling."
- "Bless The Waves" - The Deer Tracks
- "Be My Thrill" - The Weepies
- "Wonder" - Jack Savoretti
- "Devil's Tears" - Angus and Julia Stone
- "One Day Soon" - Luluc
- "Make It Without You" - Andrew Belle
This episodes' title references the song How Insensitive, originally sung by Diana Krall