"I Bet It Stung" is the fifth episode of the tenth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 201st produced episode of the series. It is also the 312th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on October 17, 2013.
Meredith returns to work for the first time since giving birth and finds herself struggling to balance her roles as a surgeon and a mother. However, when her preoccupation with her children begins to interfere with Cristina's patient's care, it causes a confrontation between the two friends that fractures their foundation. Meanwhile, Jo does everything in her power to mend the rift between Alex and his father before he leaves the hospital while Stephanie panics about meeting Jackson's mother. Meanwhile, now that she finds herself a third wheel in Meredith and Derek's marriage, Callie tries to push herself to take control of her own life while Arizona grows concerned about her actions at the gala when Leah pushes the boundaries of their professional relationship.
- "Here's what I learned my first day of medical school; think long and hard about becoming a surgeon. It takes 100% commitment. You have to be on your A game every single time you walk into that O.R. When patients are lying on your table, completely at your mercy, they need to know when you make that first cut you know what you're doing. No other speciality requires the time, the focus, the complete dedication. Except, maybe, being a mom."
- "What if your focus splits? What if you can't be all in? Are you left with nothing at all? Maybe you just need to find a different path. Here's what's horrifying... what if you can't give 100%? Maybe you just need to go back to the beginning and start all over again..."
- "Ukulele Anthem" - Amanda Palmer
- "Let's Go" - Vassy
- "You Know You Like It" - AlunaGeorge
- "The End" - Fitz & The Tantrums
- "Lose It" - Little Jackie
This episode's title originated from the song I Bet It Stung, originally sung by Tegan And Sara.