"I Saw What I Saw" is the sixth episode of the sixth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 108th produced episode of the series. It is also the 142nd produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on October 22, 2009.
After a burn victim unexpectedly dies in the midst of a chaotic ER, the Chief interrogates Cristina, Lexie, Alex, Reed, Charles, Jackson and April to find the culprit and all the Mercy West and Seattle Grace residents are forced to defend their actions in an effort to save their jobs. Meredith awaits her discharge from the hospital while Alex copes with Izzie's departure and Arizona pushes Lexie to support a patient in need.
- "In order to get a good diagnosis, doctors have to constantly change their perspective. We start by getting the patients point of view, though they often don't have a clue what's going on. So we look at the patient from every possible angle, we rule things out, we uncover new information trying to get to what's actually wrong. We're asked for second opinions, hoping we'll see something someone else might have missed. For the patient a fresh perspective can mean the difference between living and dying. For the doctor, it can mean picking a you're fight with everyone who got their before you"
- "When we're headed towards an outcome that too horrible to face, that's when we go looking for a second opinion. And sometimes the answer we get just confirms our worst fears. But sometimes it can shed new light on the problem, make you see it in a whole new way. After all the opinions have been heard and every point of view has been considered you finally find what you were after. The truth. But the truth isn't where it ends. That's just where you being again with a whole new set of questions"
- "Blindness" - Metric
- "We Will Be Dust" - All Theives
- "Polaroid Solution" - Faded Paper Figures
- "Songs From Different Times" - Jack Savoretti
- "Out Of The Dark" - Matt Hires
This episodes' title references the song I Saw What I Saw, originally sung by Sara Groves