"I Will Survive" is the twenty-first episode of the seventh season of Grey's Anatomy and the 147th produced episode of the series. It is also the 221st produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on May 12, 2011.
The race for Chief Resident heats up as Owen conducts formal interviews for the position. Personal and professional pressures add up and have Meredith visibly on edge, Alex and Lucy's undefined relationship faces a test when professional complications arise and Cristina tries to prove herself without her mentor to guide her. Jackson suprises Richard when he decides to drop out of the trial and Teddy tries to decide whether or not to move to Germany with Andrew, and turns to Henry for guidance.
- "We've all heard the saying, it's one of those things we learn in seventh grade science class: adapt or die. Adapting isn't easy though; you have to fight your competiton, bend off their attacks and sometimes you have to kill. You do what you need to do to survive"
- "Adapt or die. As many times as we've heard it the lesson doesn't get easier. The problem is we're human, we want more than just to survive. We want love, we want sucsess. We want to be the best that we can be so we fight like hell to get those things. Anything else feels like death..."
- "Second Chance" - Peter, Bjorn & John
- "Come Home" - Yael Naim feat. David Donatien
- "Entwined" - Tim Myers
- "The Night Will Always Win" - Elbow
- "I Got A Feeling" - Calahan
- "Love More" - Sharon Van Etten
This episodes' title references the song I Will Survive, originally sung by Gloria Gaynor