"If Only You Were Lonely" is the sixteenth episode of the eighth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 164th produced episode of the series. It is also the 255rd produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on February 23, 2012.
Lexie joins Alex and Arizona in peads as they try to go against the odds and save Morgan's premature baby, while the pressue of the situation puts its strain on Morgan's relationship. Cristina lets her suspicions of Owen get the better of her while, as Adele's condition deteriorates, Meredith urges Richard to consider the facility that cared for her mother. Mark encourages Jackson to find a way to take the edge off when his tension begins interfering with his skills as a doctor and Teddy takes the first steps in trying to fund the research to cure Henry's disease.
- "As surgeons we're trained to consult with each other, to get opposing views. We even encourage patients to seeks second opinions. But why seek a second opinion when you know you're right? Because if we're honest with ourselves, surgerons are more like cowboys; we're more likely to go it alone."
- "You can seek the advice of others, surround yourself with trusted advisors but in the end the decision is always yours and yours alone. And when it's time to act and you're all alone with your back against the wall the only voice that matters is the one in your head, the one telling you what your probably already knew. The one that's almost always right."
- "We Got It Right" - Right The Stars
- "Help, I'm Alive!" - Metric
- "Cicadas and Gulls" - Feist
- "Terrible Love" - Birdy
This episode's title originated from the song If Only You Were Lonely, originally sung by Hawthorne Heights.