"Into You Like A Train" is the sixth episode of the second season of Grey's Anatomy and the 15th produced episode of the series. It is also the 15th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on October 30, 2005.
The aftermath of a train wreckage brings an array of critically injured patients to Seattle Grace, and one case forces the doctors to make an impossible choice between two lives, while Meredith nervously awaits to hear Derek's final decision. Alex finds his confidence as a doctor shaken after freezing while George faces the repurcussions of his new hero status. Meanwhile, Addison forces Izzie to choose between her aliegence to Meredith and her own ambition when she sees her talent with her speciality.
- "In general people can be categorized in one of two ways. Those who love suprises and those who don't. I don't. I've never met a surgeon that enjoys a suprise because, as surgeons, we like to be in the know. We have to be in the know because if we aren't people die and lawsuits happen. Am I rambling? I think I'm rambling. Okay, so my point actually and I do have one, has nothing to do with suprises or death or lawsuits or even surgerons. My point is this. Whoever said 'what you don't know can't hurt you' was a complete and utter moron because for most people I know not knowing is the worst feeling in the world. Okay fine, maybe it's the second worst."
- "As surgeons there are so many things we have to know. We have to know we have what it takes. We have to know how to take care of our patients and how to take care of eachother. Eventually we even have to figure out how to take care of ourselves. As surgeons we have to be in the know but, as human beings, it's better to stay in the dark because in the dark there may be fear but there's also hope."
- "Blood And Peanut Butter" - B.C. Camplight
- "Back Where I Was" - The Hereafter
- "The City Lights" - Umberellas
- "Today Has Been Okay" - Emiliana Torrini
This episodes' title references the song Into You Like A Train, originally sung by The Psychedelic Furs