"Invest In Love" is the eighth episode of the sixth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 110th produced episode of the series. It is also the 146th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on November 5, 2009.
After a generous 25 million donation is offered to Seattle Grace by the parents of Arizona's 10-year-old patient, Richard pressures her into performing a risky procedure on the child giving Arizona a crisis of conscience while Arizona also grows concerned when Callie doesn't seem to be contributing to their relationship. Cristina tests her boundaries with Owen at the hospital when she disregards his orders in the O.R. and Alex is left with all of Izzie's hospital bills to contend with.
- "It's impossible to describe the panic that comes over you when your a surgeron and your pager goes off in the middle of the night. Your heart starts to race, your mind freezes, your fingers go numb. You're invested. There someone's mom, someone's dad, someone's kid and now it's on you because that someone's life is now in your hands. As surgeons, we're always invested in our patients. But when your patients a child you're not just invested, you're responsible. Responsibile for whether or not that child survives, has a future, and that's enough to terrify anyone."
- "They say the bigger your investment the bigger your return, but you have to be willing to take a chance. You have to understand that you might lose it all. But if you take that chance, if you invest wisely the pay off might just suprise you."
- "Gold, Guns, Girls" - Metric
- "Her Rotating Head" - Bachelorette
- "Breathe" - The Cinematic Orchestra
- "High Green Grass" - Sebastian Schuller
- "North By North" - Faded Paper Figures
- "Before It Breaks" - Brandi Carlile
- "Everything, All At Once" - Correatown
This episodes' title references the song Let's Invest In A Little Bit Of Love, originally sung by Wynn Jones