"It's The End Of The World" is the sixteenth episode of the second season of Grey's Anatomy and the 25th produced episode of the series. It is also the 25th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on February 5, 2006.
Meredith wakes up with a foreboding feeling that she is going to die and an explosive situation at the hospital places the lives of Meredith and her colleagues on the line as Seattle Grace declares a "Code Black" emergency. Bailey returns to the hospital after going into labour with George and Addison by her side, but not her husband Tucker, and Derek and Izzie are stunned to learn the identity of a patient who suffered serious injuries in a car crash.
- "It's a look patients get in their eyes. There's a scent, a smell of death. Some kind of sixth sense. When the great beyond is headed for you, you feel it coming. Okay, hello, clearly not my dream. See, I told you, not my dream."
- "Dead Streets" - Monotypes
- "Minature Disasters" - KT Tunstall
- "Kaboom!" - Ursula 1000
- "In The Sun" - Michael Stipe & Chris Martin
This episodes' title references the song It's The End Of The World As We Know It, originally sung by R.E.M.
- This is the first episode not to feature a closing voiceover.