"Let The Bad Times Roll" is the twenty-second episode of the eighth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 170th produced episode of the series. It is also the 265th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on May 3, 2012.
As the residents sit their oral boards Meredith tries to contend with the harsh examination situation while battling illness while Cristina struggles with her examiner's old fashioned style of patient care. April struggles to stop her night with Jackson, and subsequent stuggle with her faith, from getting in the way of her test while Alex's test begins with him still not present. Arizona's childhood friend arrives at Seattle Grace as a patient of Callie's and Julia tells Mark she wants to start a family.
- "Carpe diem, how annoying is carpe diem. How are you supposed to plan a life, a career, a family if you're always carpe-ing the diem. If we all seized every moment of every day there wouldn't be doctors. Who would sit through med school? We'd all be too busy living in the now, whatever that means."
- "I'll admit the Romans had a point, you've got to live life and living means that every morning when you wake up you have to choose; between seizing with what life offers in the moment and forging ahead no matter the weather or closing the curtains and shutting out the day."
- "Sirius" - Congorock
- "Sky Blue" - Alex Silverman
- "City Boy" - White Arrows
- "Bells" - The Naked And Famous
- "Don't Give Up On Me" - Milo Greene
This episode's title originated from the song Let The Bad Times Roll, originally sung by Paul Westerberg.