"Make Me Lose Control" is the third episode of the second season of Grey's Anatomy and the 12th produced episode of the series. It is also the 12th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on October 9, 2005.
Meredith struggles to cope when her mother Ellis is admitted to the hospital and her secrets are made public while Cristina wrestles with whether to tell Burke about the pregnancy until tragedy strikes her during surgery. Izzie tries to persaude Alex to change his ways around the other interns after seeing the softer side of him. Addison makes it clear to Derek that she wants to fight for their marriage and Richard faces his past when he learns of Ellis' Alzheimers.
- "Surgeons are control freaks. With a scalpel in your hand you feel unstoppable. There's no fear, no pain, you're ten feet tall and bulletproof. And then you leave the O.R and all that perfection, all that beautiful control, just falls to crap."
- "No one likes to lose control but as a surgeron there's nothing worse. It's a sign of weakness, of not being up to the task. And still there are times when it just gets away from you. When the world stops spinning and you realize your shiny little scalpel isn't going to save you. No matter how hard you fight it, you fall, and it's scary as hell. Except, if there's an upside to freefalling it's the chance you give your friends to catch you."
- "Sleep" - Get Set Go
- "By Heart" - Sylvie Lewis
- "Ruby Blue" - Roisin Murphy
- "Fools In Love" - Inara George
- "Song Beneath The Song" - Maria Taylor
This episodes' title references the song Make Me Lose Control, originally sung by Eric Carmen
- This episode was originally intended to air as the twelfth episode of Season 1.