"Map Of You" is the sixth episode of the tenth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 202nd produced episode of the series. It is also the 313rd produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on October 24, 2013.
After Derek makes a big leap forward in his brain mapping project, he struggles to reinvigorate Callie's interest in the project as she strives towards regaining her individuality, but the plight of his patient forces Derek to consider his own professional future while Meredith tries to decide whether or not to pursue her mother's research. Meanwhile, working alongside Derek forces Shane to revisit his guilt over Heather's death leading to a career altering choice. Arizona finds herself on the receiving end of Leah's advances while, as the interns become second year residents, Webber uses the injuries he sustained to teach them while Jo finds herself distracted by the growing distance in her relationship with Alex.
- "Researchers are currently working to make a map of the human brain. It may be the most complex map ever created; billions of neurons making trillions of connections. At first glance they seem completely random but there's nothing random about them. All these connections have to happen, in specific pattern and is designed for a function. These connections determine everything about us; what we love, what we hate, what we say, what we do..."
- "We're just starting to learn the extent of the brain's connections; how far they reach, how deep they go. But we know that every connection matters. Every connection is crucial and when one is broken it usually means some damage has been done. This system of connections compels us to act, and choose, and behave... sometimes seemingly against our own will. But it is not random at all, it is the map of who we are. We work to understand ourselves, solve the puzzle, how all the connections work and all the pieces fit."
- "Changing Of The Guard" - Holy Ghost
- "Everybody Get Up" - Chops
- "Look What You've Become" - Left Hand Smoke
- "We Ran Faster Then" - Mackintosh Braun
This episode's title originated from the song Map Of You, originally sung by New Musik.