"Moment Of Truth" is the twenty-first episode of the eighth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 169th produced episode of the series. It is also the 264th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on April 26, 2012.
The residents head to San Francisco for their oral board exams but Alex begins to feel guilty about being away from the hospital as Morgan's son's case takes a turn for the worst. Meredith faces an setback as the exam draws closer while Cristina worries that her marital issues with ruin her chances at sucsess. The stress of the exams has an unexpected effect on April while Bailey tries to mend the rift between Owen and Teddy. Meanwhile, sparks fly when Richard runs into Catherine Avery.
- "Picture this: you've spent the last five years of your residency training to be a surgeron but those five years suddenly don't matter. The only thing that matters, the only thing between you and the rest of your career, is a test. In a random hotel, in a random city with a random examiner asking you random questions. Nervous? You should be."
- "Kindergarden, high school, college, med school, residency; it all leads to this moment. Some people can crack under the pressure, other's run. Either way there's nothing left to do; no more studying, no more preparing. Like it or not the moment has arrived. The only thing left for you to do is show up."
- "The Head I Hold" - Electric Guest
- "People In Her Mind" - Poor Moon
- "The Sun" - The Naked And Famous
- "All Or Nothing" - Au Reviour Simone
- "80 Miles" - Washington
- "Lakehouse" - Of Monsters And Men
- "Young Blood" - Birdy
This episode's title originated from the song Moment Of Truth, originally sung by FM Static