"My Favorite Mistake" is the nineteenth episode of the third season of Grey's Anatomy and the 55th produced episode of the series. It is also the 55th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on March 22, 2007.
Izzie and George's night together has Izzie on edge as she tries to navigate her newfound feelings for her bestfriend while George, unable to remember his tryst from the previous night, meets a nerve-racked Callie's father for the first time. The board begins interviewing the candidates for the Cheif's job. Alex helps Ava in her quest for her identity while Derek grows concerned about Meredith's emotional well-being when Mark enlists her to perform a challenging procedure.
- "Surgerons always have a plan. Where the cut, where to clamp, where to stitch. But even with the best plans complications can arise, things can go wrong and suddenly you're caught with your pants down"
- "The things about plans is they don't take into account the unexpected so when we're thrown a curveball, whether it's in the O.R or in life, we have to improvise. Of course some of us are better at it than others. Some of us just have to move on to Plan B and make the best of it. And sometimes what we want is exactly what we need. But sometimes, sometimes what we need is a new plan."
- "La Familia" - Mirah
- "Black Cat John Brown" - Alamo Race
- "Still Alright" - Adam Merrin
- "All I Want From You Is Love" - Let's Go Sailing
- "Sideways" - Let's Go Sailing
This episodes' title references the song My Favorite Mistake, originally sung by Sheryl Crow