"Oh, The Guilt" is the fifth episode of the third season of Grey's Anatomy and the 41st produced episode of the series. It is also the 41st produced episode of the Grey's Anaromy franchise. It was broadcast on October 19, 2006.
The interns are invited to the Morbidity & Mortality conference which leads to guilty feelings among the staff when Denny's case is raised. Izzie debates what to do with her fortune while, after taking a beating at the M&M, Bailey is forced to see how being a mother has changed her as a doctor. After outlining the terms of the divorce, Addison debates telling Derek the truth about her relationship with Mark. Callie hides her guilt from George while Burke and Cristina must think on their feet after he is forced to perform emergency surgery on his first day back.
- "First do no harm. As doctors we pledge to live by this oath but harm happens and then guilt happens and there's no oath for how to deal with that. Guilt never goes anywhere on it's own, it brings it's friends - doubt and insecurity."
- "First do no harm. Easier said than done. We can take all the oaths in the world but the fact is most of us do harm all the time. Sometimes even when we're trying to help we do more harm than good. And then the guilt rears it's ugly head. What you do with that guilt is up to you. We're left with a choice; either left the guilt throw you back into the behaviour that got you into trouble in the first place or learn from the guilt and do your best to move on."
- "Clonie" - Nellie McKae
- "Kaleidoscope" - Kate Havnevik
- "Wild Is The Wind" - The Second Hand
- "Be Good Or Be Gone" - Fionn Regan
- "Don't Mistake Me" - Keisha White
This episodes' title references the album Oh, The Guilt, originally sung by Nirvana