"Owner Of A Lonely Heart" is the elevnth episode of the second season of Grey's Anatomy and the 20th produced episode of the series. It is also the 20th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on December 4, 2005.
As the interns all care for the newly born quints, Cristina has little sympathy for her patient, an inmate who jeaprodizes her health to escape solitary confiement. Izzie looks to her friends for support when she feels betrayed by Alex while Addison tries to teach her a painful lesson in order to show her the consequences of growing too attached to patients. George and Olivia clash when they are assigned to the same case.
- "Forty years ago The Beatles asked the world a simple question. They wanted to know where all the lonely people came from. My latest theory is that a great many of the lonely people come from hospitals, more precisely the surgical wing of hospitals. As surgerons we ignore our own needs so we can meet our patients needs. We ignore our friends and families so we can save other peoples friends and families which means, at the end of the day, we only really have ourself. And nothing in this world can make you feel more alone than that."
- "400 years ago, another well known English guy had an opinion about being alone: John Dunn. He thought we were never alone although it was fancier when he said it. 'No man is an island entire unto himself'. Boil down that island talk and he just meant that all anyone needs is someone to step in and let us know we're not alone. And who's to say that someone can't have four legs. Some to play with and run around with or just hang out."
- "I Me You" - Jim Noir
- "Two Step" - Gemma Hayes
- "Tears And Rain" - James Blunt
- "Sunny Road" - Emiliana Torrini
- "War On Sound" - Moonbabies
This episodes' title references the song Owner Of A Lonely Heart, originally sung by Yes