"Peice Of My Heart" is the thirteenth episode of the fourth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 74th produced episode of the series. It is also the 83rd produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on May 1, 2008.
Addison returns to Seattle Grace to help with a complicated fetal procedure and is left astounded by all the changes in her former friends and colleagues lives while Richard tries to lure her back from L.A. Meredith and Derek begin their clinical trial while Izzie begins to feel ostrachized from George and his new intern friends. Ava returns with shocking news for Alex and, after Addison falsly guesses the nature of Erica and Callie's relationship, Callie begins to reconsider their friendship.
- "Great surgerons aren't made, they're born. It takes gestation, incubation, sacrifice. A lot of sacrifice. But after all the blood and guts and gooey stuff is washed away, that surgeron you become? Totally worth it."
- "Giving birth may be all intense and magical and stuff, but the act itself? It's not exactly pleasant. But it's also the beginning of something incredible. Something new. Something unpredictable. Something true. Something worth loving. Something worth missing. Something that will change your life... forever."
- "Say What You Feel" - Katalyst
- "Money" - GreensKeepers
- "Distance" - Neverending White Lights
- "Five More Minutes" - Meaghan Smith
- "Buildings & Mountains" - The Republic Tigers
- "Little Bit Of Feel Good" - Jamie Lidell
This episodes' title references the song Piece Of My Heart, originally sung by Erma Franklin