"Push" is the seventeenth episode of the sixth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 119th produced episode of the series. It is also the 166th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on March 11, 2010.
In the wake of Harper Avery's visit, Richard and Owen compete for the oppertunity to tackle an extremly difficult surgery when a patient with a complex tumour comes to Seattle Grace but the decision lies in the hands of Derek, who deems that Owen should take on the surgery, leaving Richard bitter. Bailey deals with her own personal struggles and consults Callie for help as she prepares for another date with Ben while Mark asks Teddy out on a date.
- "Surgerons aren't complaicent people. We don't put out feet up, we don't sit still. Whatever the game is, we like to win and once we win we get a new game. We push ourselves; residents, attending. It doesn’t matter how much we achieve. If you’re a climber there’s always another mountain."
- "They take pictures of the mountain climbers at the top of the mountain. They're smiling, extactic, trimphant. They don't take pictures along the way because who wants to remember the rest of it? We push ourselves because we have to, not because we like it. The relentless climb, the pain and anguish of taking it to the next level. Nobody takes pictures of that. Nobody wants to remember. We just wanna remember the view from the top. The breathtaking moment at the edge of the world. That’s what keeps us climbing. And it’s worth the pain. That’s the crazy part. It’s worth anything."
- "Serve Them Well" - Swimming In Speakers
- "L-O-V-E" - SugaRush Beat Company
- "Tonight" - Emy Reynolds
- "Worrisome Heart" - Melody Gardot
- "Cold Summer" - Seabear
This episodes' title references the song Push, originally sung by Matchbox Twenty