"Readiness Is All" is the twenty-third episode of the ninth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 195th produced episode of the series. It is also the 306th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on May 9, 2013.
With a super storm days away from Seattle, the doctors of Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital prepare for the worst and find themselves operating in extreme circumstances. When a surgery becomes potentially dangerous, a pregnant Meredith is dismayed to be ordered off the surgery but soon finds she may run into more danger outside of the O.R. Meanwhile, after Jo's retaliation against her abusive boyfriend, Alex turns to Derek to try and protect her. Cristina and Owen find themselves at odds when Ethan's father wakes up while tensions continue to flare between Arizona and the craniofacial specialist working alongside her and Jackson. Meanwhile, Bailey continues to avoid the O.R and April's relationship with the paramedic takes a big leap forward.
- "They hit you out of nowhere. When bad things come, they come suddenly, without warning. You rarely get to see the catastrophe coming no matter how well we try to prepare for it."
- "We do our very best but sometimes it's just not good enough. We buckle our seatbelts, we wear a helmet, we stick to the lighted paths. We try to be safe. We try to hard to protect ourselves but it doesn't make a damn bit of difference cos when the bad things come, they come out of nowhere. The bad things come suddenly, with no warning, but we forget that sometimes that's how the good things come too."
- "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" - The Proclaimers
- "You Belong To Me" - The Boxer Rebellion
- "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" - Sleeping At Last
This episode's title originated from the song The Readiness Is All, originally sung by Alias Eye.