"Run, Baby, Run" is the nineth episode of the ninth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 181st produced episode of the series. It is also the 288th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on December 13, 2012.
The day of Bailey's wedding arrives but, when she begins to experience cold feet, the memories of her first marriage begin to cast a doubt about whether she and Ben should get married while, with Derek's hand surgery looming, Meredith butts heads with his sister about the role they play in the Shepherd family. April and Jackson decide to take other people to the wedding while Cristina learns news about her imminent divorce that challenges her beliefs about Owen. Elsewhere, the wedding brings about unexpected pressure for Arizona and things turn sour between Alex and Jo after he takes a risky measure to try and teach her.
- "The adrenal system reacts to stress by releasing hormones that make us alert and reactive. The problem is the adrenal system can't tell what's a case of nerves and what's real impending disaster."
- "The body doesn't know the difference between nerves and excitement, panic and doubt, the beginning and the end. The body just tells you to get the hell out. Sometimes you ignore it, that's the reasonable thing to do. But sometimes you listen. You're supposed to trust your gut, right? When you're body says run... run."
- "Jingle Bells" - Sugar & The Hi-Lows
- "Silver Bells" - Tal & Acacia
- "Lost In My Bedroom" - Sky Ferreira
- "Fail For You" - Luke Sital-Singh
- "Sweetest Sound" - Gabe Simon
This episode's title originated from the song Run, Baby, Run, originally sung by Sheryl Crow.