"Scars And Souvenirs" is the eighteenth episode of the third season of Grey's Anatomy and the 54th produced episode of the series. It is also the 54th produced episode of the Grey's Anaromy franchise. It was broadcast on March 15, 2007.
The race for Richard's cheif position heats up when Colin Marlow, a new competitor, enters the race and he puts unexpected strain on Cristina and Burke's engagement when Burke learns about their shared past. In the wake of her mother's death, Meredith attempts to get closer to her father and her estranged family while George learns a a big secret that Callie has kept from him which strains their marriage and his friendship with Izzie. Derek treats a patient near and dear to him while Alex continues to work with his Jane Doe.
- "People have scars in all sorts of unexpected places like secret roadmaps of their personal histories. Diagrams of all their old wounds. Most of our old wounds heal leaving nothing behind but a scar but some of them don't. Some wounds we carry with us everywhere and, while the cut is long gone, the pain still lingers."
- "What's worse? New wounds which are so horribly painful or old wounds that should have healed years ago and never did? Maybe our old wounds teach us something, they remind us where we've been and what we've overcome. They teach us lessons about what to avoid in the future. That's what we like to think but that's not the way it is, is it? Some things you just have to learn over and over and over again."
- "Come To Me" - Koop
- "Girlshapedlovedrug " - Gomez
- "Hi" - Psapp
- "Land Of No Return" - Wild Sweet Orange
- "Move You (Slow & Steady Seduction Phase II)" - Anya Marina
This episodes' title references the song Scars And Souvenirs, originally sung by Salem