"Second Opinion" is the sixth episode of the ninth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 178th produced episode of the series. It is also the 281st produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on November 15, 2012.
The victims of the crash meet with their legal team to try and devise a strategy for moving forward but their questioning has Derek and Callie at odds over the best way to fix his hand, and save his career, while Cristina returns to Seattle Grace, but is taken aback by her purely business relationship with Owen. Meanwhile, Jackson takes objection to April's constant freak outs about their sexual relationship and it's impact on her belief while Bailey tries to reinvigorate Arizona's interest in medicine by tricking her into helping with a case while Jo treats a patient with cyclic vomiting syndrome.
- "Doctors have never had all the answers. There was a time when you were sick, we'd just drain your blood like you were getting an oil change. We're constantly having to rethink what we thought was true, and redefine it."
- "It can be scary to find out you've been wrong about something but we can't be afraid to change our minds, to accept that things are different. That they'll never be the same. For better, or for worse. We have to be willing to give up what we used to think. The more we're willing to accept what is, and not what we thought, we'll find ourselves exactly where we belong."
- "You Could Have It (So Much Better Without Me)" - Miss Li
- "Connected" - Caught A Ghost
- "Dazed And Confused" - Iko
- "Museum Of Flight" - Damien Jurado
- "And Still, The Darkness Comes" - Aron Wright
This episode's title originated from the song Second Opinion, originally sung by Hospital Of Death.