"She's Gone" is the second episode of the eighth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 150th produced episode of the series. It is also the 226th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on September 22, 2011.
As the sinkhole crisis continues and with Meredith and their baby missing, Derek desperatly searches for her as he finds their future as parents and as a married couple hanging in the balance. In the wake of Meredith's firing, tensions mount between the residents and Bailey forces Cristina, Alex, Jackson and April to work together on a critical patient, alone. Teddy can't hide her concern when Henry arrives at the hospital for a procedure. Cristina and Owen both attempt to determine the future of their unborn child.
- "When my mother left my father she didn't tell him she was leaving and taking me with her until we'd landed on the other side of the country. In those days it was called family troubles, today it'd be called kidnapping."
- "You think that true love is the only thing that can crush your heart. The thing that will take your life and light or up or destroy it. Then you become a mother."
- "Bite Your Lip" - New Cassettes
- "Jungle" - Emma Louise
- "Atlas Hands" - Benjamin Francis Leftwich
- "Thinking About You" - Big Scary
This episode's title originated from the song She's Gone, originally sung by Hall & Oates.