"Shock To The System" is the second episode of the seventh season of Grey's Anatomy and the 128th produced episode of the series. It is also the 183rd produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on September 30, 2010.
Cristina experiences post-traumatic stress in the midst of the operation after Owen encourages her to return to the O.R while, after weeks of concealing that she was pregnant, Meredith debates telling Derek the truth about her miscarriage. Lexie struggles to regain the respect of her fellow doctors after her psychotic break and finds Mark's attempts to protect her to be suffocating while Bailey refuses to let Alex operate until he agrees to have the bullet in his chest removed. Callie and Arizona prepare to move in together while Teddy worries about the nature of current relationship.
- "They say lightning never strikes twice but that's a myth. It doesn't happen often, lightning usually gets it right the first time. When you're hit with 30,000 amps of electricity you feel it. It can make you forget who you are. It can burn you, blind you, stop your heart and cause massive internal injuries. But for something that happens in only a millisecond it can change your life forever."
- "Lightning doesn't often strike twice, it's a once in a lifetime thing even if it feels like the shock is coming over and over again. Eventually the pain will go away, the shock will wear off and you start to heal yourself, to recover from something you never saw coming. But sometimes the odds are in your favour. If you're in just the right place at just the right time you can take a hell of a hit and still have a shot at surviving."
- "Precious" - Tobias Froberg
- "Wishing He Was Dead" - The Like
- "Into The Mystic" - Greg Laswell
- "The Wait" - School of Seven Bells
- "Calling Me" - Alva Leigh
- "Buisness Transaction" - Home Video
- "White Blank Sheet" - Mumford & Sons
This episodes' title references the song Shock To The System, originally sung by Billy Idol