"Slow Night, So Long" is the ninth episode of the seventh season of Grey's Anatomy and the 135th produced episode of the series. It is also the 197th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on November 18, 2010.
The attendings take Derek out to celebrate when he wins a prestigous grant for his clinical but they all face an unexpected suprise when they discover Cristina working at Joe's bar. Meanwhile, the residents are left to cope with the dreaded night shift where Meredith and Alex must fend for themselves when a patient needs surgery in Stark's absence and Lexie and Owen grow concerned about Jackson. Callie tries to get over Arizona while Teddy faces the trials of internet dating.
- "We doctors take pride in the fact that we can basically sleep standing up, any time, anywhere. But it's a false pride because the truth is, after about twenty hours without sleep, we might as well come to work drunk. Doctor or not. So it's no wonder that fatal medical errors increase at night when we doctors are, proudly, sleeping on our feet. Recently our communal pride has been shattered, and our egos have been wounded by new laws which require that we sleep all day before we work all night. We're not happy about but as someone who may someday need medical care, you really should be."
- "Under the cover of darkness people do things they'd never do under the harsh glare of day. Desisions feel wiser, people feel bolder. But when the sun rises you have to take responsibility for what you did in the dark and face yourself under the cold, harsh light of day"
- "Run To The Sun" - Vassy
- "Celebrate" - Imani Coppola
- "Immune" - Amateur Night
- "Open" - Free & Easy
- "Runaway" - The National
- "Bleeding" - Calahan
- "She's Going Down" - Ali Dee
- "Feels Like Rain" - Calahan
- "Made For Us" - Mackintosh Braun
- "You Are Invisible" - Anya Marina
- "Alive" - Goldfrapp
This episodes' title references the song Slow Night, So Long, originally sung by Kings Of Leon