"Something To Talk About" is the seventh episode of the second season of Grey's Anatomy and the 16th produced episode of the series. It is also the 16th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on November 5, 2005.
In the wake of her scandal, Meredith finds the eyes of the hospital staff are on her and she bonds with a male patient seemingly suffering from a hysterical pregnancy, who also finds himself to be the subject of everyone's gossip and attention. A sheltered patient forces Alex to better express his feelings for Izzie and, after seeing Meredith's treatment after the exposure of her relationship with an attending, Cristina urges Burke to keep their relationship a secret from the Cheif.
- "Communication. It's the first thing we really learn in life. Funny thing is once we grow up, learn our words and really start talking the harder it becomes to know what to say or how to ask for what we really need."
- "At the end of the day there are some things you just can't help but talk about. Some things we just don't want to hear and some things we say because we can't be silent any longer. Some things are more than what you say, there what you do. Some things you say because there's no other choice. Some things you keep to yourself. And not too often, but every now and then, some things simply speak for themselves."
- "Better Off Dead" - The Faders
- "Chewing Gum" - Annie
- "Since You've Been Around" - Rosie Thomas
- "Other Side Of The World" - KT Tunstall
- "Get Through" - Mark Joseph
This episodes' title references the song Something To Talk About, originally sung by Bonnie Raitt