"Stairway To Heaven" is the thirteenth episode of the fifth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 91st produced episode of the series. It is also the 112th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on January 22, 2009.
Bailey grows desperate as a patient's condition becomes more and more dire. Everyone in the hospital is stepping up to try to find the boy a new organ donor, including Meredith, who considers a death row patient's wish to die before execution. Cristina avoids Owen after their disasterous date and Izzie finally learns why Denny has been appearing to her. His secret relationship with Lexie's causes unexpected problems for Mark.
- "I believe in heaven. I also believe in hell. I've never seen either but I believe they exist. They have to exist because without a heaven, without a hell, we're all just headed for limbo."
- "Heaven. Hell. Limbo. No one really knows where we're going or what's waiting for us when we get there. But the one thing we can say for sure, with absolute certainty, is that there are moments that take us to another place. Moments of heaven on earth. And maybe for now that's all we need to know."
- "Birds" - Emiliana Torrini
- "Blindsided" - Bon Iver
- "Drifting Further Away" - Powderfinger
This episodes' title references the song Stairway To Heaven, originally sung by Led Zeppelin
- Denny narrates the voiceover for episode.