"Thanks For The Memories" is the ninth episode of the second season of Grey's Anatomy and the 18th produced episode of the series. It is also the 18th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on November 20, 2005.
Thanksgiving dawns for the interns and they all won't admit how much they are struggling. Meredith helps a patient who wakes up after a sixteen-year-long coma which helps give her closure on her situation with Derek, whose reunion with Addison is tested when she tries to reignite the spark in their relationship. Izzie prepares a Thanksgiving feast for the other interns while Cristina struggles with Burke being with her friends in a social situation. George suffers through the O'Malley family tradition of turkey hunting with his father and brothers.
- "Gratitude, appriciation, giving thinks. No matter what words you use it all means the same thing: happy. We're supposed to be happy, greatful for friends, family. Happy to just be alive whether we like it or not."
- "Maybe we're not supposed to be happy. Maybe gratitude has nothing to do with joy. Maybe being greatful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appriciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes to simply be human. Maybe we're thankful for the familiar things we know and maybe we're thanful for the things we'll never know. At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be stand is reason enough to celebrate."
- "Nu Nu (Yeah Yeah)" - Fannypack
- "New Song (From Me To You)" - Dressy Bessy
- "Too Hard" - Mark McAdam
- "Dance" - O.A.O.T's
- "Serenade" - Emiliana Torrini
- "Not Going Anywhere" - Keren Ann
- "Sad Eyes" - Josh Rouse
This episodes' title references the song Thanks For The Memories, originally sung by Frank Sinatra
- This episode is the first to feature a song also featured in another episode, with O.A.O.T's Dance also featuring in "A Hard Day's Night"