"The Girl With No Name" is the twentieth episode of the eighth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 168th produced episode of the series. It is also the 262nd produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on April 19, 2012.
The residents begin interviewing for post-residency jobs and it soon becomes apparent that Cristina is being headhunted by the best hospitals in the country as Alex, April and Jackson all experience displeasure with the interviewing process. Meanwhile, the doctors treat a Jane Doe who's true identity brings the attention of worldwide media and the case keeps Meredith in Seattle and makes her question her future while Owen feels the pressure of being Chief with the hospital in the limelighy and the case rattles Bailey in an unexpected way. Richard is faced with an unsettling revelation when he visits Adele at Rose Ridge.
- "When you're a kid you always want things to stay the same; the same teacher, the same house, the same friends. Being a surgeon is no different. You get used to the same attendings, the same scrub nurses, the same hospital. Of course, that all changed the minute fifth year rolls around and you have to find a new job."
- "It's one of those things people say; 'you can't move on until you let go of the past'. Letting go is the easy part, it's the moving on that's painful so sometimeswe fight it, try and keep things the same. Things can't stay the same though. At some point you just have to let go, move on because no matter how painful it is it's the only way we grow."
- "Old Mythologies" - The Barr Brothers
- "Repatriated" - Handsome Furs
- "Shame On You" - Mariah McManus
- "Sorrow" - The National
This episode's title originated from the song The Girl With No Name, originally sung by The Byrds.