"The Name Of The Game" is the twenty-second episode of the second season of Grey's Anatomy and the 31th produced episode of the series. It is also the 31th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on April 2, 2006.
George is stunned to learn that his and Addison’s pregnant patient is the half-sister of Meredith when Thatcher arrives at the hospital and Meredith struggles to cope with the discovery of the family she never knew she had. Cristina’s competitive zeal puts her in direct competition with the Chief while George begins a relationship with Callie, much to the distaste of Izzie who starts tries to persuade George to move back into the house. Burke teaches Alex a lesson on bedside manner.
- "A good basketball game can have us all on the edge of our seats. Games are all about the glory, the pain and play by play. And then there are the more solitary games. That games we each play all by ourselves. The social games, the mind games. We used them to pass the time, to make life more interesting, to distract us from what's really going on. There are those of us who love to play games, any game, and there are those of us who love to play too much."
- "Life is not a spectator sport. Win, lose or draw. Whether we want it to be or not. So go ahead, argue with the refs, change the rules, cheat a little, take a break and tend to your wounds but play. Play hard, play fast, play loose and free, play as if there’s no tomorrow. Ok, so it’s not whether you win or lose, it’s how you play the game right?"
- "Girl, You Shout!" - Dressy Bessy
- "Crazy" - Gnarls Barkley
- "C'mon Yeah " - The Sunshine
- "Wreck Of The Day" - Anna Nalick
- "The Fear You Won't Fall" - Joshua Radin
This episodes' title references the song The Name Of The Game, originally sung by ABBA